Thursday, May 17, 2012

Final day in Haiti

This journey has finally come to an end and it saddens me. I never would of thought I would ever do something as amazing as this trip. I met a group of awesome ladies and you cant forget Bob!! Only staying for three whole days seems like I have been here for way longer and I wish I could stay and help more people and bring more smiles to the young little children that made this trip even 10 times better. I have always liked little kids but the way that they act and how happy they get to see you is a really good feeling. As we drove through the street they all would say "Hey you". Every single one and it felt like we were celebrities. I felt like we were in a different world everything was the complete opposite as home. I thought it was so weird that all the little kids would just rome the streets with no parents in sight but on the flipside all of them would always want to be around you and wanted you to hold them and love them. I never though I could have so much fun with them and I wasnt even able to speak to them which was the wierd part.

Day one was by far my favorite day from waking up in the morning and going right into the heart of the city. The first stop was the busiest one of the day and we stayed there for the longest. The thing I liked about every stop to that we did was there was about three of four kids that would cling onto you right when you got out of the van. Also no matter how little the kid was, if you needed to hold the hose or move the buckets out of the way they would try and help and i have never seen anything like it. They would follow;me around everywhere and I absolutly loved it. All of the kids on the first day were the ones who made the trip the best part of the whole thing and they will never leave my mind. Overall, seeing what I've seen will make me more forturnate for what we have to go back to and i will never have more fun with any other kids then the ones that I have had the pleasure of playing with and I am forever greatful for having that opportunity.

Jake  

No comments:

Post a Comment