Monday, May 14, 2012

Day One - Anticipation (Carly)

Unlike Kristi, I have never been to Haiti, so my word of the day is: anticipation. I have been looking forward to this day for a while now; it seems like just yesterday our team met for the first time. It also felt like today took forever, the anticipation was killing me, but we have finally arrived. I am anticipating meeting the children, and all of the other wonderful people here in Haiti. I cannot wait to see what kind of a difference, however small, we can all make in the lives of many people here.

So far, I am amazed by what I see in Haiti, and I am so glad we are here to help make a difference. Our team is amazing, and we are already very close- I cannot wait to see what the rest of the week brings our way.

Tomorrow is a very important day, as we are delivering fresh, clean water to many people. I believe that immersing myself in the Haitian culture will be extremely eye opening. Things that I take for granted every day, such as clean water, will suddenly mean so much more. I cannot wait to experience these life-changing events with this team, and immerse myself in this culture who so badly needs our love and care. In the short while I have been here, I have experienced very little of Haiti, but tomorrow I will be totally immersed. I am going to bed tonight with an open heart and willing attitude to make a difference in the lives of the people here.

-Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment