Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day Four: Emotions (Cindy)

How can I put into words the emotions I felt after visiting a mass grave site, going to visit and bring medicine, food, water and love to the poorest of the elderly in Haiti,  and then driving through the
streets of Haiti to visit orphaned children at the beautiful Grace Village? So much in one day - we were all pretty emotionally spent at the end of the day. To say I am making a "small" difference is the truth - it is very small-in a place that needs so much help.  But that's what God calls us to do- to just step out and try to make a difference - have faith in Him and He will provide the rest.  Before I left and at the start of the week, I questioned myself - Why am I doing this?  Today, my answers came.  To see the
beautiful brown eyes looking at you with hope and the love that pours from these people because you brought them water, food and a hug is amazing to say the least.  I never understood why people did this, or why they become so passionate about it - I get it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment